I wanted to keep a little piece here for posterity.
For those that are missing an invite… it’s jam every other day! 🙂
1–2 pm, Tuesday and Friday, at the StarBoard.
(Is it lunch? Is it professional development? Ask your team lead!)
Twice a week not enough for you?
Try one of these courses. Bring your questions to a jam.
Or play with some live code:
What’s in it for me?
- your questions answered (html, css and UI design too)
- contribute to the form builder, QA tool and single website experience
- invent your own innovative product
- practice MVP (there’s only so much we can do in an hour)
- aha moments! So that’s how they did that! (bring questions)
- increase your geek speak vocabulary with fun terms like closure, foo and immediately invoked function expression
- real world practice spelling color the American way
Where’s our code?
Keeping it here for now: http://codepen.io/bboyle/tag/jsjam
“I’m sure I’ll take you with pleasure!” the Queen said. “Two pence a week, and jam every other day.”
Alice couldn’t help laughing, as she said, “I don’t want you to hire me – and I don’t care for jam.”
“It’s very good jam,” said the Queen.
“Well, I don’t want any to-day, at any rate.”
“You couldn’t have it if you did want it,” the Queen said. “The rule is, jam to-morrow and jam yesterday – but never jam to-day.”
“It must come sometimes to ‘jam to-day’,” Alice objected.
“No, it can’t,” said the Queen. “It’s jam every other day: to-day isn’t any other day, you know.”
“I don’t understand you,” said Alice. “It’s dreadfully confusing!”
—Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking Glass and What Alice Found There